If you’re an indie author, you’ve probably heard of David Gaughran. He runs one of the top indie publishing advice blogs and is author of two help books – Let’s Get Digital and Let’s get Visible. Or maybe you’ve come across Joanna Penn, book marketing guru and one of the leading lights of the Alliance of Independent Authors. Or perhaps you’ve found Write, Publish, Repeat by Sean Platt and Johnny B. Truant turning up in your recommended books on Amazon.
Well, now all three have come together to market a box set of their top-selling publishing advice books, under the title The Indie Author Power Pack, for the remarkable price of 99 cents – or 77 pence in the UK. They’re doing their best to get into the New York Times bestsellers list this week, so if you’ve been thinking of buying any of their books, now is the time to pick up all three at a bargain price.
It offers a wealth of advice, covering:
- expert methods for building story worlds, characters, and plots
- a psychology-driven model to shape stories into must-have “products”
- best practices for editing
- practical approaches to cover design, formatting and pricing
- optimised tips for selling fiction versus non-fiction
- short-term vs long-term marketing plans
- updated tactics for building platform and launching new books
- collaborative techniques for selling
- strategies for optimising profit beyond the written word
It’s a great chance to grab a bargain and support some of the leading lights of the self-publishing world at the same time. Let’s hope they make it onto the bestseller list!